Last updated on August 2020
Acuity Trading Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 8350747.
You may contact Acuity Trading by using the contact details set out in paragraph 9 below.
1. Collection of Personal Information
We collect certain personal information from you when you set up or update an account or other registration on our website or online platforms or otherwise when you use the services available through our website (“Services”) in order to facilitate the provision of the Services and to maintain our quality standards. These details may include, without limitation, your name, address, contact details and other basic information. You can amend or update the information you have entered into the website at any time. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data whilst it is being transmitted to or from our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Personal data will be held by Acuity Trading using appropriate safeguards to maintain its privacy and security.
2. Use of Personal Information
We use information held about you to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
By registering your details on the website, you consent to us contacting you via email, telephone or post, for the purposes of:
• monitoring the provision of the Services through the website;
• providing you with relevant information pertaining to the Services on our website;
• compliance with legal obligations, or protection and enforcement of legal rights;
• managing actual or potential business transactions (e.g. in the case of an acquisition of Acuity Trading’s business); and/or
• provided that you “opt in” to receiving such communications, we may send you promotional emails about our own or third parties’ new products or special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting. We may also contact you for market research purposes.
If you have previously consented to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by notifying us by email or by post using the contact details in paragraph 9 below.
When you provide feedback in relation to the service, you will be given the option of keeping your identity secret from other users.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
Acuity Trading may disclose your personal data for the purposes outlined at paragraph 2 to third parties, including:
• our service providers and professional advisers;
• governmental bodies and law enforcement authorities;
• any investor, lender, purchaser or (on terms of confidentiality) likely investor in, or purchaser of Acuity Trading’s business; and
• other third parties where required or permitted by law.
We will not share, trade or sell your information to any company or parties not directly associated with its proper use within the website or as described above, except when you give us explicit permission and we give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. In certain circumstances, we may have a legal obligation to disclose personal information, and we reserve the right to do so.
4. Storage and security of your personal data
Your personal data is stored in electronic and physical records maintained by Acuity Trading and/or its service providers. Whilst Acuity Trading is based in the UK, it and its service providers may have servers located outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), where the laws may not give the same level of protection to personal data as within the UK. By submitting your personal data, you agree to allowing your personal data to be transferred, processed and stored overseas as set out in this paragraph.
5. Access to your details
If you would like to access a copy of any personal data which Acuity Trading holds about you, please send a request by email or by post using the contact details in paragraph 9 below. An administration fee of £10 may be charged to access your details. For security reasons we may ask for proof of your identity before we disclose information about you, or to you, via email or over the telephone.
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to Acuity Trading processing your personal data or to request that your personal data is corrected or deleted. Please contact us using the contact details in paragraph 9 below.
6. Collection of Technical Data and Cookies
We reserve the right to collect technical data about the type of browser software or operating system you are using for the purposes of tracking website use, or improving the service offered through our website. This information will be not used to identify you personally.
You can remove cookies from your computer at any time, and choose to disable cookies in your internet browser settings.
7. Contact information
We do not publicly display any contact details or other sensitive information on our site. All communication takes place securely through the website.
8. Phone Calls
Please note that calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
If you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data by Acuity Trading Limited, please contact us:
By post: Acuity Trading Limited, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE; or
By email: email@example.com